Monday, October 24, 2011

Homecoming Ceremony for a Friend

Tonight was the final Homecoming Ceremony for the 10th Combat Aviation Brigade.  I went to take pictures for a very good friend of mine.  I love taking pictures.  But in this case, it was so bittersweet.  When I arrived to the location of the ceremony, I could see the airplane the soldiers had arrived on.  I immediately started to cry as I was sitting in my truck waiting for my friend to arrive....good thing I arrived early!  I was surprised how much just seeing the plane tore at my heart.  But, I couldn't sit there feeling sorry for myself, and I was there to record beautiful moments for my friend.  Which I did: 
 I'm so glad I was there to take these pictures.  And I've already set up with a friend to take the pictures when Justin finally returns home.

2 comments: