Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt #2

So I totally cheated this week. I pulled my pictures from my archives.  I know, totally against the rules, and that's not normally me, but I wasn't feeling super creative this week (which I realize, creativity is one of the main reasons for this blog) BUT, I enjoyed going back through pictures trying to find something that fit.  And I edited them (also a new thing for me) so that counts for something, right?

Macro:
I love this photo.  I took it in the Detroit Zoo Butterfly exhibit in June.  I could have spent the entire day in there taking pictures.

Texture:
Another Detroit Zoo picture.  This guy has some serious texture.

Home:
What's special about this picture is my hubby is in the corner and my son is by the steps.  Right now home just isn't the same with my husband deployed.

Cover:
Syracuse Zoo this time.  Maybe a bit of a stretch, but the hat is covering his curls.

Tree:
This was a tree in Vermont for our Fourth of July vacation that we take to a new place every year.  I edited to get just the tree, but decided I liked the picture better with the fence it in.

Linking:





13 comments:

  1. That butterfly is awesome! My camera doesn't take very good macro shots. Your house is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done - really sweet cover shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome macro of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your macro shot is spectacular, and I like your sweet cover shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deep reddish color on the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
    www.adventureswithjessica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I LOVE the butterfly, and the Home photo. Sorry to hear you're missing your husband. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's wrong with taking photos from the archive? I didn't know it was 'against the rules'. It's fun to learn how to crop and edit photos, isn't it?

    And you've done an incredible job.

    EYE spy!! is my link for today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterfly is super. Awesome photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good series of photos...I had to pass on SHS (should have gone through my archives) but am participating in Macro Monday. - Your butterfly photo was lovely. I also like the texture photo (what an interesting frog/toad).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb clarity and composition in that butterfly macro!

    ReplyDelete