Sunday, October 23, 2011

Starting a blog

So I am lot of things...a former soldier, a college graduate, an Army wife, a mother of two little ones, and a full time step mother to a teenager. What I am NOT is creative.  I was originally an Accounting major.  So I'm somewhat boring, organized and a little uptight.  But, I love to take pictures and was once told by my brother in law that my pictures fill up his news feed on Facebook. I post enough pictures and interesting (well, I think they are interesting) stories of my chaotic life that a friend mentioned I should start a blog.  Hmmm.  I like to talk.  I like to take pictures. And I think that I'm fairly interesting.  But let us get back to the creativity part....I am struggling with the name of this blog, the layout, the purpose.  I am definitely out of my comfort zone here.  I found...through a good friend's blog...a Scavenger Hunt Picture Challenge.  And I think it's just what I need to attempt to be creative.  So I am challenging myself to stick with this blog...and not make it just about my kids...and to use it to find a creative part of me that I know has to be there somewhere.   

3 comments:

  1. For someone not creative, you have created a positive environment for a teen, two wonderful humans, a loving relationship, and a life most anyone would be proud of. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you baby. Your words mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! glad you're blogging now. you're off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete